Monday, September 14, 2009

Dragon*Con 2009 – Day 5

The final day! Luckily, I had arranged for a late check-out so I was able to get up, go grab some breakfast, eat in the room and then start slowly packing up everything. It is so much easier to get it all together without anyone under foot, so I talked Darrell and Jesse into checking out the Dealer’s Room one last time. That gave me the right amount of time to pack it all up, arrange for the bell-hop for both rooms and grab a piece of lemon pie from the Chick-fil-a. By 2pm, the bell had arrived at our room, loaded up and gone downstairs with Darrell following. I waited with Jesse. It took about 20 minutes, but the second bell showed up and I headed downstairs to find Darrell and wait for Jesse. With both bell carts down, Jesse and I went to get the cars. I always have a slight anxiety attack when arriving and leaving the hotel. I think it is the logistics. Can I get in? Will there be too many cars?, etc. Well, we had no problems getting in, loading up both vehicles and getting back on the road. We both headed to our place first, since Jesse had some of our luggage. We arrived at the house, unloaded, brought everything in and sat down on the sofa. I don’t think I moved for the next 3 hours. I was happy and content watching TV, dozing and being covered with my four-legged, fury children.

Hmmm, I wonder what costumes we’ll do next year????

1 comment:

Vermithrax said...

Awesome Con!!!!! Great blogging. I think next year will be slightly lower key...........hell, what am I saying? I've said that before and they always blow up. :) Let's actually try and do a lower key convention next year.