Friday, September 24, 2010

Dragon*Con 2010 - Saturday

I was up at 8a on Saturday morning. The Crew was meeting down stairs in front of the Marriott at 9:15. The parade lineup was at 9:30a. In all the years the Black Bunny has walked the D*C parade, I don’t think we have ever made it before 10a. It’s a good thing the pirates don’t walk first. We had most of the Crew for the parade. A few succumbed to the Pub Crawl hangover or babysitting and some of the Crew walked with caution trying not to succumb to the Pub Crawl ill effects. Overall, it was a great representation from the Black Bunny Crew! Let me say a huge ‘THANK YOU!!’ to everyone who walked the parade with the Bunny.



The parade was a little different this year. We couldn’t give out beads. I did get to see more but I really missed the beads. I’m want to talk to the parade coordinator and see if we can work in some beads next year. To me, it makes all the difference in the world.

After the parade, we gathered in the Pulse Loft for one last group shot. When the waves of people started pouring into the Marriott, we knew the parade was over. Darrell was a sweetheart and went to food court to grab us lunch while I headed back to the room.

After lunch, Darrell took a nap while I headed over to the Artist Alley. This was the first time Shag had attended D*C and I had lots o’stuff for him to sign. Steve V. told me the day before that Shag was only signing between 2p and 3p and I did NOT want to miss him. I got there about 1:45p and was 5th in line. I saw Steve was first. I’m glad Steve and I were both there. It allowed us get pictures of each other with him.

Photobucket


Photobucket


I have to tell you, Shag was wonderful! I had a large print, book, coaster tin and about 16 postcards. He signed them all.

I went back to the room for a little rest. After a short nap,I walked down to Jesse's room. I got to see Steve, Liz and Zach suited up for Ghostbusters and the lovely Donna visited in her Wonder Woman costume.

Photobucket


Photobucket



It wasn't long before Erik arrived for the evening. He and Darrell were getting ready in our room for the IBK Convention downstairs. It took a little time to get ready but they looked amazing!

Photobucket


They headed out and met up with the other IBK members and tons of pictures taken while they gave out handfuls of IBK beads.

Photobucket


I spent the rest of the evening looking at costumes, wandering the floor, drinking rum with Kris and hanging out with Kindra, Paul and Conner in the back corner of the Marriott.



I wasn’t there when it happened but I was told Conner experienced his first photo frenzy. Kindra has specifically dressed him in case the perfect photo opportunity presented itself and it did….


Photobucket

Photobucket



The evening lobby shot…
Photobucket

No comments: