Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Weekend!

Just a quick update. I sewed most of the weekend. I was at Jesse's but with no Jesse. It's strange (and oh so empowering at the same time) having the house all to myself (evil grin).

Primarily, I worked on the corset. I have the coutil cut and sewn together. Put in all 19 bone casing and have the lining cut and ready to sew. All I have left to do is sew the lining together, baste the lining and countil layers together and cut the leather. Then I hand it off to Darrell.

Here are the pattern pieces:
IMG_4105.JPG

IMG_4102 - Copy.JPG

I'll post more later.

OK, long story short. I don't do purses. I do wallets - the kind you carry in your back pocket. The problem is most of these wallets can be very boring. I don't like boring. So, I have figured out how to sew my own. The exterior will be black duck (the fabric) and I have been looking for a real bright, obnoxious plaid for the interior but cannot seem to find any. So, I was at Hobby Lobby Saturday morning and ran across these 2 fabrics for a possible interior.

Just for the Disney Wallet:
IMG_4115.JPG

But my FAVORITE is this one. I can get real creative with this one:
IMG_4117.JPG

Here are a couple of closer shots:
IMG_4125.JPG

IMG_4120.JPG

IMG_4123.JPG

Gotta go. It's Late. I'm tired.

No comments: