Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fox Trot Plagiarism

Yesterday, I got a great email from Hockey Cop. He sent me a copy of the Sunday Fox Trot comic strip. As I read the comic, I was surprised that it concerned D*C. Then I went on to read that he had altered the original strip and substituted D*C for Comic Con. Before I continue, some background...

Fox Trot is a fantastic comic strip. It frequently mentions things we geeks take great interest in like Star Wars, and Sci Fi (NOT SyFy) Conventions. Last Sunday, the topic involved Comic Con. While I have never attended Comic Con (but some day I hope too), I have attended more than my share of Dragon Con's, along with some Fantasy Faire's, Dixie Trek's, MOC's and few other choice conventions.

Well, after I saw Hockey Cop's version, I just HAD to do my own based on my D*C experiences.

Here are all the Fox Trot comic strips in order, starting with the original...

Photobucket


Hockey Cop's version...

Photobucket

My version...

Photobucket


If anyone else wants to give it a go, send me the resulting comic strip and I'll post it on the blog.

Have fun!

2 comments:

Alex said...

I should pass this on to Jed to see what twisted result he'd produce. Ha ha ha!

Annabella said...

That would fantastic and just a little scary at the same time. :)