Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Palpatine Project

It has been interesting at my house for a couple of months now. Darrell stays locked away in his room with a large hunk of clay and only comes out to visit on breaks.

He and Jesse have been working on this pet project for a couple of months now. All I can say at this point, is that it involves a scuplt of Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars (done by Darrell) and creating master molds (Darrell & Jesse).

Here is an 'approved' picture of the sculpt (yes, I have to have the pictures I post 'approved').

emperor,palpatine,sculpt,darrell phillips,jesse brown

For the last week or so, they have been working on the molds. This is being done at Jess's place. I don't have the greatest understanding of the molding process but I have tried to explain what is going on in each photo.



I will post more updates as the project moves forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I know you're not done yet, but could you tell me if these masks will be available for purchase sometime in the future, and if so how much. Thanks- darthmaul2@verizon.net