Thursday, October 8, 2009

Disney 2009 - Day 6

Today was spent at Hollywood Studios. Since Darrell, Jesse and I had spent part of Day Two at the Studios, I didn’t feel the need to spend another entire day there.

Darrell and I went out to a beautiful day and had a relaxing lunch at the resort. After lunch, it was off to the park. We arrived at Hollywood Studios in the middle of the Block Party parade. Normally, I would avoid all parades but this one was actually kind of fun.



Once we weaved through the crowd, we met the rest of the crew under the Mickey hat. We headed over to the Rockin’ Roller Coaster via the Tower of Terror Gift Shop. Darrell, Jesse and I jumped in the single-rider line for a quick ride.

Next, we walked over to the Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show. Even though we have been going to Hollywood Studios (MGM Studios) each year we go down to the World, this was the one show we had not seen. It was definitely worth going too. It’s an incredible show.

,


Darrell, Jesse and Steve rode Star Tours while Liz, deTag and I waited for them. We cruised by the Animation Gallery and took a few Character pictures. This is a great spot for pictures since the lines are not long.



Steve, Liz, Jesse and deTag had gotten Toy Story Mania Fast passes earlier in the day and they were now it their time slot. Darrell and I looked at the Stand-By line but passed on a 70 minute wait. We found a bench in the Pixar area and waited. Luckily, we weren’t there too long before the Pixar Lamp came out for a little show. Here is a video of some of it…



We stopped by the Little Mermaid Show in Animation Alley and did a little shopping before heading to dinner at the 50’s Prime Time Café. The 50’s Prime Time Cafe' is always fun but this visit was exceptional. Our server Mary Anne was phenomenal. Jesse and I both ordered the Fried Chicken. Unfortunately for me, it came with greens. I do not eat greens. I do not like greens. I covered my greens up with my napkin, same as Jesse but I got caught. Everyone but me got a "Clean Plate" sticker. I got a greens sundae. When 'Mom' (Mary Anne) discovered I had not eaten my greens, she took my plate back to the kitchen only to return with a plate of greens topped with whipped cream and Mickey sprinkles. It was disgustingly funny. We tried to tell on Jesse but then Darrell and Liz were accused of being tattle-tell's. We tried to get the message across with a note on a napkin but that didn't work either!



We finished dinner about 10 minutes before the park closed. On a whim, Darrell and I ran back to Toy Story Mania to check the line wait. It said the line was 45 minutes but Darrell didn't believe it and we jumped in line. Darrell was right. We made it through the line in less than five minutes.



We took our time walking to the front of the park and headed back to the resort.

No comments: